When Alistage was started over 35 years ago, the founder realised that he could not buy the equipment he needed fast enough to react to market needs. As a result, he developed our own aluminium manufacturing facility to service our rental business. Over the years our aluminium stages and component parts, along with our aluminium couplers, hooks and fittings, have become well known throughout the industry and started to receive interest from all over the world for our products, so we opened our doors and began selling our equipment.
Today, our factory has clients across the globe, from New Zealand to North America, South America, the Middle East to Europe and of course the UK.
Our factory range includes
Designed to integrate with the Alistage modular stage system, the Alidome features include:
- Spans available from 16′ (4.88m) to 40′ (12.2m)
- Variable depths in increments of 8′ (2.44m)
- Inbuilt truss sections for lighting
- Weight loading of 500kg UDL per each 8′ bay
- Wind tested to BS6399 pt 2
- Covers available in a wide range of colours including silver/black and clear
- Portable, modular design
- Large range of shapes and sizes available including triangles and circles
- Alternative stage decks available – “Perspex” and punched and pierced metal grid tops
- Less than 4 inches deep (94mm) – cheaper storage and transport costs
- Aluminium frame – will not rust
- Quick assembly – no nuts and bolts required
- Lighter than equivalent steel-framed systems
- The Alistage extruded couplers, hooks and fittings have become rapidly accepted as the industry standard within the Lighting and Sound worlds
- Our couplers are designed to fit 2″ (50.8mm) O/D trussing and tube without damaging it, meeting a 500 Kgs Safe Working Load
- With over a million units produced, the design remains unchanged over the last 10 years
- Hooks available to suit either 50.8mm (2″) or 48.4mm (129/32”) O/D tube and spigot sizes to accommodate a variety of wall thickness
- We have an extensive range of fittings to meet industry requirements
- Various levelling legs are available to accommodate uneven floor/ground
- Low level stages can be levelled from above the stage
- Stages joined by unique joining method – no nuts and bolts required
- Legs attach easily to our stage by use of aluminium couplers (no tools required)
- Alistage have been fabricating in aluminium for over 35 years, and during that time have gained a wealth of experience in all aspects of aluminium castings, extrusions and fabrication. With dozens of special extrusions (from our own extrusion dies), and castings unique to ourselves, we can often produce specials simply not available elsewhere. For example:
– Design/fabrication of “specials” in aluminium.
– Burnishing/polishing service available.
- We can work from detailed design drawings, just a concept (using our CAD facility), or something in between.
- With large stockholdings of both raw materials and finished goods, meeting short deadlines is our bread and butter.
Why choose us
By purchasing equipment from us you are dealing directly with the manufacturer. There is no middle-man which means there is no mark up, loss of time of excess delivery charges
Professional company with over 35 years of experience
A strong back office team with dedicated account managers, in-house CAD design team, and a technical department
Our range of 70+ shapes (including rectangle, circular, wedges and triangles) allows us to design stages and platforms that are only limited by your imagination
Our lightweight aluminium stages are designed for quick set up with unique features such as quick adjustable legs and our proprietary deck joiners. This allows us to erect and dismantle our structures much faster compared to standard steel stages
We are the original manufacturer worldwide for extruded aluminium couplers for two inch tubes.
Today multiple manufacturers around the world manufacture couplers according to our original design that withstood the test of time and hasn’t changed since 1990. You will find our couplers, hooks and fittings used in multiple industries and on various structures – ranging from video walls, lighting rigs, camera mountings, construction platforms, farm machinery and many more. Many of our clients are aluminium fabricators themselves and they rely on us to make these critical component parts. – We supply OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
We are very proud to say that we manufacture all our products in Great Britain, in our factory facility on the M25 north of London. Our proprietary couplers, hooks and fittings are made with High Tensile Aluminium, with our coupler fittings load tested to 1,500 kgs by Lloyds Register of Shipping with a SWL of 500 kgs.
You are more than welcome to visit us at any time! We would love to show you our production area. and in our showroom you can see our full range of staging equipment.
Over the years, we have invented different component parts to overcome some of the issues stage builders face – from quick release adjustable height legs, to our proprietary deck joiners (AUCs) and top adjustment levelling legs. We also manufacture 70+ shapes and sizes for our main product – our modular aluminium stage units.
We developed all these solutions to allow us to work more efficiently, but over time these component parts made Alistage the best kept secret in the industry. Today, more and more stage hire companies, venues, theatres and schools choose our product as they also want to benefit from our easy to build and dismantle, lightweight stage systems and component parts.
Colin, our factory manager has been with us since leaving school over 35 years ago. He has held literally every job in the factory before becoming the manager over 20 years ago. Together with our highly experienced welders and fabricators, our team is one of the leading manufacturers of aluminium fabricated structures in the UK. Unfortunately, our factory manager still hasn’t mastered the art of making a descent cup of tea, but other than that he is still learning something new on the job every day.